What is Rotary?
Rotary is a worldwide organisation of business and professional people, that provides humanitarian service, encourages high ethical standards in all vocations and helps build goodwill and peace in the world. Approximately 1.2 million Rotarians belong to over 32,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas.
What are the values of Rotary?
Rotarians worldwide are inspired by the Rotaryh theme of 'Service Above Self' and are guided by reference to the Rotary Four-Way Test that challenges Rotarians in everything they do, to ask of themselves:
1 Is it the TRUTH?
2 Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3 Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4 Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
Who joins Rotary?
Just about anybody can join a Rotary Club. Members are often in local business and trades, the professions, local administration and all other walks of life. Ideally prospective members should feel they want to contribute to, or be involved in, their local community in some way, while also enjoying a range of social activities. Members may be male, female, single, married, active, retired and virtually of any age from 20 upwards.
What are characteristics of the Rotary Club of Matilda Bay?
The Rotary Club of Matilda Bay is recognised as having the best meeting venue in WA. The Matilda Bay Restaurant overlooks the magnificent Swan River. All year round sunrises are enjoyed by members and guests. Dolphins can often be seen swimming near the foreshore, black swans and their cygnets appear from time to time and all share the bay with pelicans, ducks and other bird life. A quality breakfast is served and guest speakers are of the highest calibre.
How does the Rotary Club of Matilda Bay support the community?
Current service projects include but are not limited to the following:
Assistance to local organisations:
- Australian Rotary Health
- Cord Blood Bank
- Salvation Army Red Shield Appeal
- Foodbank WA
- Bowel Scan
- Univesity Camp for Kids (UCFK)
- Mirrabooka Senior High School - Years 8-12
- KEMH Memorial Garden
- Rotary Youth Exchange (RYE)
- Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA)
- Rotary Youth Program for Enrichment (RYPEN)
- National Youth Science Forum (NYSF)
- Rotary WA Young Driver Education
- Rotary Four Way Test speaking competition
Assistance to international:
- East Timor water pipeline project
How do I become a member?
Please feel free to visit us a few times to see how we operate and to get to know us better. We will answer any of your questions and provide you with information about our Club and Rotary in general. If, after these visits you wish to join the Rotary Club of Matilda Bay your application for membership will be submitted to the Club members and Board.
How much does it cost to join?
Membership costs include:
- Annual Membership Fee of $350 (includes $100 to Rotary International)
- Weekly breakfast $30
Do I have to attend every meeting?
Members are encouraged to attend meetings on a regular basis as interaction at meetings is an important way to be informed on club projects and to network with other members. However it is understood that members have other family and work commitments and attendance at every meeting may not be possible.
Where do I find out more?
- Ask any member of our Club
- Explore our website - Contact Us via our website
- Attend a weekly meeting 7.00 am for 7.20 sit down on Wednesdays at the Matilda Bay Restaurant, 3 Hackett Drive, Crawley, Western Australia. For catering purposes please remember to Contact Us via our website by Monday morning to let us know you are coming for breakfast on Wednesday.