Ms Celia Hammond MP
From: Wednesday April 8, 2020, 7:00 am
To: Wednesday April 8, 2020, 8:30 am
Celia Monica Hammond is an Australian politician and former academic who has been a member of the House of Representatives since the 2019 federal election. She is a member of the Liberal Party and represents the Division of Curtin in Western Australia.
- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Curtin, Western Australia, 2019.
- Committee service
- Joint Statutory: Corporations and Financial Services from 4.7.2019; Human Rights from 4.7.2019.
- House of Representatives Standing: Employment, Education and Training from 4.7.2019; Indigenous Affairs from 4.7.2019.
- Born 22.11.1968, Northam, Australia
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- LLB(Hons) (University of Western Australia).
- LLM (University of Western Australia).
- Solicitor from 1992 to 1994.
- Legal Academic from 1994 to 2003.
- Legal Counsel from 2003 to 2008.
- University Vice Chancellor from 2008 to 2019.
- Name: Curtin
- Location: Curtin covers an area west of Perth, bordered by the Indian Ocean in the west and the Swan River in the south. The suburbs include Churchlands, City Beach, Claremont, Cottesloe, Crawley, Daglish, Dalkeith, Doubleview, Floreat, Glendalough, Herdsman, Innaloo, Jolimont, Karrakatta, Karrinyup (part), Mount Claremont, Mosman Park, Osborne Park (part), Nedlands, Peppermint Grove, Scarborough (part), Shenton Park, Swanbourne, Subiaco, West Leederville, Wembley, Wembley Downs and Woodlands.
- Area: 98 Sq km
- Electors enrolled: 100,422 (at 11.6.2019)
- Industries: Industries include medical, education, retail, recreation, light industrial, professional services, commercial, and hospitality.
- Honorary Doctorate from the University of Portland, 2017.
VenueMatilda Bay Restaurant
Australia Drive , Nedlands WA 6009