Matilda Bay Rotary Board meets on the fourth Monday of every month, 5.30 pm. It is responsible for:
- Strategic Plan - Towards 2022
The Strategic Plan - Towards 2018 which was developed in March 2013 was reviewed in 2017 and a revised version presented to club members. The Strategic Plan - Towards 2022 is the result of consultation, communication and input from members.
Matilda Bay is in a strong financial position
Rhondda Tilbrook - Director
Community Service projects include:
- King Edward Hospital memorial Gardens. Over 30 years ago, Matilda Bay Rotary established a memorial garden on the hospital grounds where the ashes of stillborn babies can be interred. In recent years it was upgraded at a cost of $70,000 with the support of a LotteryWest grant. Members regularly maintain the garden so families can return to an attractive and tranquil setting.
International & Rotary Foundation
International Committee is responsible for overseas projects of the Club.
- Provision of Shelterboxes for national and international disasters - 3-5 shelter boxes each year at a cost of $1,000 each
- Polio eradication throughout the world
Membership Committee is responsible for maintaining and increasing membership.
Youth committee works with young people and is the link club for Dianella Secondary College. Responsibilites for Youth and Vocational include:
- Rotary Youth Program of Enrichment (RYPEN) which offers a weekend camp for Year 10 students with aims of developing personal confidence and leadership qualities.
- Rotary Youth Leadership Academy (RYLA). A week-long camp for young adults between 18-25 year olds. Extends leadership and personal confidence.
- Rotary Youth Driver Awareness WA for Year 11 students at DSC.
- Rotary Four Way Test public speaking competition for Year 10 students.